We have worked on tens of technical and application projects funded by public departments and well-known companies. 100+ quality academic papers have been published by "Computational Intelligence" "Information Sciences" and "Expert Systems with Applications". Tens of patents, products, and standards have been produced. Below are 11 of them,
1. Innovations at Service Engineering and Cloud Computing,
(1) SOAStudio: A notion of Agent-Based Web services (AWS) was proposed and Its architecture, meta-model, implementation approach and an integrated development environment (i.e., SOAStudio) was prototyped and evalated for retail information management systems (2003).
(2) MMCDP: A multi-model driven collaborative development platform was proposed and developed for service-oriented applications such as digital courts, travel portal and digital cities. The platform provides three modeling views, i.e., business view, process view, and service view to support service-oriented system engineering, top-down business design and bottom-up service composition. Business and technical engineers can use the views to collaborate for a rapid prototype of service-oriented applications(2006).
(3) CloudExplorer: A user-centered cloud browser (i.e., CloudExplorer) was proposed to discover, define and execute emerging cloud services, as Web browsers are used to search and display Web information. CloudExplorer is the first attempt for end users to explore cloud services to meet with users' behaviors and concerns in the cloud society (2011).
2. Innovations at Intelligence:
(1) CODA: A collaborative and proactive data agent (i.e., CODA) was proposed and prototyped as an open engineering-data management facility for distributed multi-agent collaborative computation environments. CODA uses XML/Schema to construct metadata repository for engineering-data management infrastructure; DAML-S to describe the agent knowledge; First-Order-Logics and Petri-Net to translate the knowledge into the rule base; and DAML-S, WSDL, SOAP and HTTP together to support open agent communication (2003).
(2) HS_Coder: An intelligent Harmonized System Coding Service was developed for transnational express inspection and custom taxation to provide HS codes based on product description. The service uses semantic knowledge to make a precision of 98%. It has been accepted by the international airports of Shanghai, Ningbo, and Qingdao, and Express companies such as FedEx/ DHL/UPS/TNT to make online inspection (2005).
(3) OI (Online Intelligence): Online intelligence was proposed to collect and process online data and to provide application-oriented and well-formatted reports for direct decision support. Completeness, preciseness, conciseness and smartness are proposed as the basic technical indicators to evaluate the performance of online intelligence applications. An Online Intelligence application, i.e., illegal product tracer, has been developed and applied in several national-level projects (2008).
(4) Multi-Dimension Semantic Dictionary: A multi-dimension semantic dictionary was proposed to support Online Intelligence applications. It divides the semantics of online objects into four semantic aspects, i.e., information semantics, business semantics, application semantics and structural semantics. The four semantic aspects of the semantic dictionary are developed separately and form a multi-dimension semantic dictionary (2008).
3. Innovations at Ecommerce:
(1) TravelHub.CN: A service-oriented travel portal has been developed using SOA/Web Services/Semantics. TravelHub.CN is composed of ticketing, routing, scheduling and online trading sub-system. It implements online travel packages through dynamic composite services from distributed service providers across business domains such as vendors for bus, airline, taxi, guides, scenery and hotel. TravelHub.CN has made billions of online transaction and is being developed as a semantics-based mobile recommender for composite Services (2006).
(2) Illegal_Tracer: Illegal tracer is an Online Intelligence application to discover and trace illegal product and services. This product has been developed and applied in several national-level projects to trace online drugs, cosmetics, foods, steel, plastics, and travel services (2008).
4. Innovations at Standards:
(1) Data Interchange Protocol for Transnational Express Inspection and Custom: An XML-based Data Interchange Protocol and Supporting Systems for Online Inspection and Customs Declaration were proposed and developed. The protocol and systems are based on XML, and supports RFID, Harmonized System codes, and image processing. They have been used by tens of Express companies and airports. Among them are top logistics services companies like FedEx, DHL, UPS and TNT. The protocol is being approved by China public authority as a national standard (2006).
(2) Basic Dataset of Online Products and Services: This standard is to provide a minimum data set for online products and services, for consumers to get a complete vision of the commodities. The standard has been developed since 2006 and is being approved by China public authority as a national standard.